Friday, March 21, 2014

30 Day Photo Challenge, Day 17 ~ Childhood Reminder


I have a small photo album of my grandparents' 45th wedding anniversary celebration.  My grandpa had heart disease, and we celebrated their 45th pretty big because we weren't sure he'd live to see his 50th.  He didn't.  Even though this was in 1975 (I think) and the styles were pretty far out, looking through the album brings back such great memories of my childhood.  Vacations with the cousins, Sunday dinners at grandma and grandpa's house, the Barbie furniture grandpa made and the Barbie clothes grandma made.  Three of the people in this picture are in heaven now.  A fourth one, my uncle, met my single aunt, married, ranched happily for many years, and died, all after this picture was taken.

These are some of my people.  I love them.  I'm thankful we celebrated my grandparents' marriage while my grandpa was still alive to experience it.  I'm thankful I enjoyed such a close relationship with them.  I'm thankful I have this album, and I'm so thankful for each and every person pictured in it.

(I am the one on the far right with glasses and the barrette in my curly brown hair.  I was around 12.  And I loved that dress!)

No comments: