Wednesday, December 12, 2012

New Season

My few faithful readers have undoubtedly noticed that I have been awol from my blog for a couple weeks.  Sorry about that.  During these last two weeks we have acquired another family member ~ a sweet 13 year old girl who is going to live with us for a time.  We love her dearly, and all the family is very supportive of this move, but it also means adjustments for everyone.  


Sometimes life takes unexpected turns.  But God is never surprised! 


What a comfort that is.



As we prepare to celebrate His advent, I am reminded of a poem my mom shared with me earlier this year, called "The Work of Christmas."


"When the song of angels is stilled, When the star in the sky is gone, When the kings and princes are home, and the shepherds are back with their flocks: then the work of Christmas begins...

To find the lost,
To heal the broken,
To feed the hungry,
To release the prisoner,
To rebuild the nations,
To bring peace among brothers,
To make music in the heart."

~ Howard Thurman



Pray for us as God uses us to do the work of Christmas.

2 comments:

Teacher/Mom said...

What a beautiful poem, and so fitting for the mission God has equipped you with. May He guide you both as surrogate parents for this beautiful, vibrant child of God. He knows well what He is doing. Blessings.

votemom said...

i love the poem too. thank you.
and praying. God stopped me in my tracks just a few moments ago and i dropped to my knees praying for you all. much love.