Saturday, February 4, 2012

"White Lightning"

***UPDATE***

"White Lightning" was not as fast as literal lightning, but it was a really cool design! Son C won the trophy for best design, and he was thrilled with that. The cars that won for speed were super fast, setting new track records! It was fun to watch!

Original post below:


I figured out we are in our fifth of nine consecutive years doing the Pinewood Derby. At our church, the Wed night boys' club for 3rd through 5th grades does it. It is so fun!

We are leaving in just a few minutes for this year's derby, and here is son C with his car, "White Lightning." He had just woken up in this picture. He is very excited about the paint job on his car (it does look really cool in real life) and hoping it's fast too! I'll let you know how the derby turns out!


3 comments:

Marsha Anne said...

Did you really post this at 5:08 a.m.?????? Wow! I was still snoozin' then!

His car looks amazing. I saw a practice block of wood at your house yesterday and I was impressed with that!

votemom said...

i love pinewood derbys. give me a heads-up next time (i don't read the bulletin, ever.) my girls would love to attend.

Pam said...

MarshaAnne, of course I was not up at 5:00 a.m.!!! For some reason my time stamp will NOT show correctly even though I have reset it numerous times. You have to add 3 hours to the time stamp on my posts to get the accurate time. :0)

Votemom: I will try to remember to remind you next year. It is almost always the first Saturday in February.