Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thursday's Thankful Things

So thankful to feel better today after being sick with a head cold all week.

Thankful for a good Dr visit ~ thankful for the financial means to play "catch up" with Dr, eye, and dental appointments, even the dreaded mammogram!

Thankful for God's mercies, which are new every morning.

SO thankful for the loaner minivan! Our lives have been so full this past week, we haven't even begun to figure out our vehicle situation.... but we don't have to because of this long term loan. (Does that mean I'm thankful for procrastination?)

Thankful that it's only 13 days until I get to hug my parents in person!!!!

I'm thankful that The Elegant Essay class I was teaching is done. Loved the material, hated the lay out. I have never been so happy to see a course come to an end! When the boys get to this stage, I'll know what to do differently and how to tweak it. And just maybe IEW will come out with a new edition before then! (I've requested it!)

Thankful for a washing machine that works, a dishwasher that works, a furnace that works, and a vacuum that works.

Very thankful for the spring like temps we've been having. We have birds that have come to nest in our birdhouses! We don't usually see little birds in the birdhouses until April. I'm hoping they aren't shocked by a huge winter blast, but if one comes at least they will have warm nests to hunker down in.

1 comment:

Teacher/Mom said...

My homeschooling neighbor has been using that with her son, and she said the same thing. She said if she had the time to re-write it she would. She is thinking about actually using their money back guarantee and returning it. I'm sad to hear that because I was planning on using it in two years. Now it will go on the back burner for now. Blessings.