Saturday, September 17, 2011

Thursday's Thankful Things

I know this isn't Thursday, but I'm going to keep the title because it's such nice alliteration. :-)

I'm so thankful for a working furnace! Had to use it last night for the first time this fall, and I was just so glad we *could* (new readers, we were without a furnace for 3 months during fall/winter a couple years ago).

I'm thankful that after 3 years without a teeth cleaning, only one of our five children had a cavity, and it was very small.

I'm so thankful for my husband. And for his job.

Not really thankful for the $600 repair we had to our van this week, but very thankful it runs well now, and the shop allowed us to defer payment until after payday (and for my dad, who will want to know, it needed a new water pump and a new hose, both very hard to get to so labor was high).

Thankful fall colors are coming. I love fall colors!

Thankful for two really good days of school this week (we had all five, but the others were just average). I got to see some hard math concepts being understood, and that is just so cool to be there for the "a-ha" moment.

Thankful for a Saturday at home to work on the schoolroom. It's closer to being done now than it's ever been!

1 comment:

Teacher/Mom said...

Glad you had the two good days of school! That's always a plus. Blessings.