Thursday, August 18, 2011

Saturday Dates

Last Saturday I went on three dates.

I know!!!

The first one was a breakfast date with son C. We left the house while everyone else was still sleeping (which in our house does not necessarily mean super early). We ate breakfast at McDonald's, a first for him. We talked, and laughed, and had a great time together. He is such a fun guy to spend time with! Then we went and both got haircuts. We ended our date at Target where I bought him a special little surprise.....

walkie talkies!!

It's pretty fun when your son is so overwhelmed he is speechless and it takes several minutes before he can even say thank you. Very fun.

In the early afternoon I had a baking date with a new little friend of mine. I brought her to my house and we made chocolate chip cookies and whole wheat bread. It was her first time EVER to make cookies from scratch, and I'm pretty sure it was her first time to ever wear an apron. She was in her element, and I was blessed just seeing how much fun she was having!




She took two and a half dozen cookies home to her family, and a loaf of freshly baked bread. Yum!

In the evening I went to see the movie The Help with my good friend Emma. Oh. My. Word. GREAT, great, great movie. I can't remember the last time I have so thoroughly enjoyed a movie. It could have been the fact that I'd previously read the book. Twice. Or it could have been the amazing company I was with. Or maybe the movie was just really well made. :0)

After the movie Emma and I went to a restaurant and talked for four hours. Isn't it amazing how women never run out of things to talk about? Loved my time with her. Came home encouraged and invigorated and challenged and refreshed.

A wonderful day of dates! (and it beats cleaning house!)

3 comments:

Targetshopper: said...

What a fantastic day!!!! Smiling ear to ear as I picture your time with C and his excitement! Also, I loved The Help too!

Kathi said...

What a nice day for you! I agree with your last comment - much better than cleaning!

I just started reading The Help. I am enchanted by it already.

Angela said...

what a fabulous day! so neat to hear all the happy things you are doing!