Friday, May 13, 2011

Easter Weekend 2011 - and time with Hailey!

I am a few weeks late, but here are some pictures from Easter weekend this year. We had a marvelous time with my cousin's daughter Hailey (technically second cousin to my kids), who was visiting from college. It is always a treat to have someone from "my" side of the family here, as it doesn't happen very often! A little taste of "home"!

My boys played hair dresser with her. This is something of a tradition now, which she and her sister Sarah before her, put up with very patiently. :-)





Coloring eggs Saturday morning.....





so much concentration....



In the afternoon we surprised the children and went to see "Rio". We only go to a theatre movie with the whole family about twice a year, so it is a special treat.


That is a whole lot of popcorn for a Little Man!


Easter Sunday!



Girl cousin time. I *love* this picture!


We had the children wait in the basement while my husband and I hid plastic eggs in the yard. When we called them up to start the egg hunt, Hailey had raided our dress up box and they were all in costume!







My wonderful in-laws!



Saying goodbye. :-( Thank you, Hailey, for a wonderful family weekend! And thank you, God, for your victory over sin and death!

1 comment:

Beth in Texas said...

Oh, that picture of G and her cousin! Oh, my! I might have that one framed or entered into an art contest or something. Definitely a treasure.