Friday, April 1, 2011

Random

First paycheck yesterday! (one day earlier than expected!) So, so thankful.

Tomorrow we are going to the verizon store and buying my husband a new phone. The audio on his very nice, one year old phone died. He could hear others, but no-one could hear him. So he and I have been communicating with beeps - I ask yes/no questions and he hits a key once for yes and twice for no. As fun as that has been, I'm thankful we can now get him a phone that works! He asked about getting it fixed, but apparently they don't fix phones.

I've been sewing unit celebration costumes this week. Unit celebration tomorrow!!!

We hosted our first "squash" last Sunday night ~ 33 hungry, exuberant middle schoolers squashed into our family room. They played charades and pictionary. I made over 80 hotdogs. Had 6 leftover!

SO ready for spring. It's coming, ever so slowly.

Tough parenting week. I am a bit weary.

It's been surprisingly difficult to adjust to my husband having a steady job. I think I viewed it as a fresh start on many fronts, and when that didn't exactly happen I got really discouraged. Wallowed in it for a while, until recognizing that satan will discourage through whatever is the weakest chink in the armor at the time. Worry about income is no longer a weak chink, so he found something else. Seeing it as a spiritual battle helped me fight it ~ with God's Word and with prayer. So thankful God fights my battles for me!

Busy and fun weekend ahead.

Our three oldest children will be doing SAT testing all next week, at a local christian school. Daughter G has done it before, but our boys never have, so we are practicing this afternoon. I care more about their personal experience of test taking than I do about the scores. We use them just as one piece of our ongoing homeschool puzzle, giving us useful information.

Soccer craziness starts next week!

1 comment:

Targetshopper: said...

You've been busy! I hope the week ahead brings refreshment and joy and some Spring weather!