Monday, March 7, 2011

Menus for the Week

Writing them down "forces" me to have a plan! I've included mid-afternoon snacks as well, because at our house, it's almost harder for me to plan snacks than it is to plan dinners. I am trying hard to stay away from simple carb type snacks (crackers, granola bars, etc, yes there's a reason which I'll share later) so it's been a bit of a challenge.

Monday

Snack: yogurt and whole wheat chocolate chip muffins (rocky mountain muffins with choc chips added)
Dinner: tacos

Tuesday

Snack: mozzarella cheese sticks wrapped in meat slices
Dinner: spaghetti pie

Wednesday

Snack: homemade trail mix
Dinner: Bonita's Meatloaf, baked potatoes, salad

Thursday

Snack: apple slices, raisins
Dinner: Italian Vegetable Soup (crockpot)

Friday

Snack: bananas, cheese slices
Dinner: pizza and salad

Saturday

Snack: yogurt, raisins
Dinner: marinated chicken tenders (crockpot), steamed veggies

4 comments:

Teacher/Mom said...

I'll be there Thursday for the soup! JK - but wish I could be. Sounds like a delicious week at your house.

CAB said...

Good for you! I have become lax in my meal planning - again - I go back and forth on this ALL the time.

Beth in Texas said...

I need the spaghetti pie recipe and the marinated chicken tenders in a crockpot recipe. :-)

Did you finally listen to the Biology of Behavior?

Beth in Texas said...

Also, I called. Hope you got my message.