Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Because....

....I love my friend votemom so much..... :0)

10 years ago I was: about to turn 39, a stay at home mom to a 3 year old, a 1 year old, and a 9 month old, and had just begun to house hunt for the home we currently live in

5 years ago I was: homeschooling and mothering our five children, and thanking God for my husband's new job after a 5 month unemployment

1 year ago I was: doing the happy dance that my husband was WORKING (!!) and thanking God for His incredible faithfulness

Yesterday I was: walking around Home Depot on a "free" date with my husband, picking out lots of paint cards, and dreaming of painting several rooms in our house

5 snacks that I enjoy:
Hershey kisses
ruffles potato chips and dip
my own chocolate chip cookies (I make awesome ones!)
a bowl of cheerios
m-n-m's

5 songs I know all the words to:
Our National Anthem
In Christ Alone (fyi, I want this sung at my funeral)
Our God
Amazing Grace
too many hymns to count

5 things I would do with a million dollars:
pay off all debt
give to my church, missionaries, and causes I believe in
invest
buy a much newer vehicle
pay for a fabulous vacation with my entire extended family

5 favorites tv shows:
Criminal Minds
Chuck
American Idol
Grey's Anatomy
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

5 things I am thankful for (seriously??? only five????):
our home
my husband and children
my parents, sisters, and dear friends
my church family
God's lavish love

2 names I go by:
mommy
Prunelle (family nickname from my childhood - only my sisters call me this!)

2 parts of my heritage:
german
russian?

2 things that scare me:
drowning
failing to give God glory

2 of my every day essentials:
toothbrush/paste
my orthotic

2 things I am wearing right now:
fuzzy warm Naval Academy sweatshirt
hoop earrings

2 of my favorites bands/musical artists at the moment:
Chris Tomlin
Point of Grace

2 things I want in a relationship (other than real love):
acceptance
forgiveness

2 truths:
God loves me
God is sovereign

2 physical things that appeal to me in the opposite sex:
personal hygiene
arm muscles (both my dad and my husband have awesome ones!)

2 of my favorite hobbies:
reading
watching sports on tv

2 things I want really badly:
all of our children to trust in Christ for salvation
a job for my husband that lasts longer than a few months

2 places I want to go on vacation:
California
DisneyWorld with the family before any of our kids go to college

2 ways I am stereotypically a chick:
I cry easily
I love chick flicks

2 things I wouldn't normally admit:
I can talk football as good as most guys
I don't shave my legs in the winter

2 things I am thinking about right now:
that I need to go upstairs and kiss the boys goodnight
my friend and her family saying a difficult final goodbye to their husband/father

2 stores you shop at:
Target
Kroger

2 people I would like to see take this quiz:
Beth
Sally

2 people I haven't talked to in a while:
Susan
Marcie

3 comments:

Teacher/Mom said...

I'm right with you on the second thing you wouldn't usually admit. It's a pointless endeavor that costs unnecessary money and time to be spent. (I can justify this one till the cows come home because I've had lots of practice.) Fun to read these! Blessings.

Beth in Texas said...

LOL Especially the part where I'm named. ROFLOL

Targetshopper: said...

It was fun to read through this and learn more about you! I definitely want to sample your chocolate chip cookies someday! :)