Tuesday, January 11, 2011

19 Years Ago Today.....

my husband and I were married in a beautiful stone church overlooking the bay that I grew up loving. It was a late afternoon ceremony and the sun coming in the colored windows was just right.


Engagement Day!



Me and my sisters at the English tea personal shower they threw for me. Style-wise, keep in mind it was 19 years ago...... :-)


A bit prophetically, I prayed that morning what I have prayed this year. That God would help me to be all there ~ fully live in each special moment, and remember them later.

And he did.

So many special moments from the hour long ceremony and that whole day, etched forever in my heart and mind.



Our getaway car - with the "help" sign painted on the back which caused us to be stopped by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police as we waited in line for the ferry!



Husband and wife ~ on our honeymoon

I remember so well the overwhelming feelings of love I had for my husband on that day. I couldn't imagine ever loving him more than I did then.

But I do.

Nineteen years later, we have lived love. Fought for it. Put it to the test through hardships of all kinds. The feelings of love have ebbed and flowed, as feelings do, but the practice of love has stood resolute and grown stronger.

Knowing what I know now, I would marry him all over again.

I love you honey. I'm thankful for the years we've shared, the memories we've made, and the truths we've discovered. May our love for God and for each other only continue to grow.
Happy anniversary stud muffin!

9 comments:

Teacher/Mom said...

I love the early 90s "big" hair. Congratulations on 19 years - and may the LORD doubly bless the next 19.

Leslie said...

Happy Anniversary!!! What a beautiful post. Praying for many more happy years together!

Blessings
Leslie

Leslie said...

ETA: You asked about the blankets, but I'm not sure if I answered you. We have made them both ways - single layer where you just tie the strips into knots. We've also done the double layers where you tie the two layers together. If this doesn't make sense, please ask! You can email if you want to talk more.

Blessings
Leslie

votemom said...

i well remember your hubby when he looked like those pictures!

God has done many things in 19 years... and He will be faithful to do much more in the coming 19!

Targetshopper: said...

oh my goodness, I LOVE these pictures!!! Happy Happy Anniversary! I laughed at the story about the word Help! That is a memory for sure! Love to you both!

Angela said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the pictures!

Nancy said...

happy anniversary...congrats on all those wonderful years! :)

Anonymous said...

I remember that special day so well. There was a keen sense of happiness for Gayle and I, knowing you had found The One. Brett is one in a million--as your husband, yes. But also as a brother in law. Love to you, both!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, DEAR SIS!!
Deb

lahbluebonnet said...

Congratulations!
Blessings,
Laurie