Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Today....

I drove my mother in law to the airport for her annual trip to visit her other grandchildren and see them perform in Christmas plays and concerts.

While en route to the airport I practiced driving in snowy conditions with a rear wheel drive vehicle, which is something I haven't done in over 15 years.

I tried really hard to remember to be thankful for our new, old van in spite of the fact that it has rear wheel drive and no anti-lock brakes.

I realized it's going to be a long winter!

I truly *was* thankful that it was me driving and not my 92 year old father in law.

We stopped on our way home from the airport to buy new shoes for two children and new boots for two children.

All the children played in the snow for a long time!

A Christmas package to my parents finally got mailed!

I cleaned up dog pee from the carpet several times because my mother-in-law's tiny little dog, which we are caring for, will not "go" outside in the snow.

I briefly saw the bottom of the kitchen sink.

I picked up my father in law and brought him to our house for dinner.

We did very little school, but we blessed my husband's parents, and that is far more important.

We received two grocery cards in the mail from anonymous sources, and I was humbled once again at God's incredible grace and the generosity of others.

3 comments:

votemom said...

:o)


i'm glad you were safe on the roads.
sorry about the pee. welcome to our world. sawyer peed in the garage on monday when it was single-digits outside. can't say i blame him.

Teacher/Mom said...

I believe there is something called a piddle pad which you can purchase to put on your floor and have the dog go there. Perhaps that is worth looking for. I have no idea how much they cost, but I remember my in-laws purchase some years ago when their elderly dog was on his last legs (literally) and couldn't make it outside.

Pam said...

votemom: Yes, I really can't blame him either! Pepper peed on the part of our patio that was shoveled. I probably need to shovel off some grass near the patio too, and see if that helps.

Teacher/Mom: thank you for this idea! My mil actually has something similar already. It is fake grass in a heavy rubber tray. We brought it over here yesterday and Pepper wouldn't use it! L saw her use it once this morning however, so I'm hopeful! We'll see how it goes today.