Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Eve - 2010

We had a wonderful time together as a family on Christmas Eve! Except for a couple of quick errands in the morning, we spent the whole day playing games and celebrating Jesus' birth in a variety of ways. I loved it.

In the afternoon we played pictionary.


Son L drew the word "share". Isn't this a great illustration for that word?


We had an early dinner at 5:00 and then went to the Christmas Eve service at church. This is us in front of the tree in the sanctuary.


We came home, plugged in all the Christmas lights, and listened to the Christmas story read by my husband and our daughter. Contemplative and beautiful.




Then it was time to dig into our gifts to one another!

Could this possibly be.....?

The thing at the top of my wish list......????


Yes!



Oh joy!


(rock tumbler for his rock collection)



Four happy boys with their Hero Factory figures.


I gave our daughter her first cookbook, with recipes handwritten by me, and an apron.


Art kits for the artist!



G wove me this scarf in shades of pink, green, and blue. I LOVE it and it goes with virtually everything. It's beautiful!


At the top of *my* wish list..... a digital photo frame for the kitchen counter!


And the grand finale..... after much sacrifice on the part of my husband the last two years, it thrilled me no end to be able to do this for him! (when the camera jiggles, that would be me laughing with glee!)

8 comments:

Teacher/Mom said...

First, great job on surprising him. It's a hard job to surprise the nosiest "child" in the group each year. Second, just a warning on the rock tumbler if you've never had one - they are REALLY LOUD! So if you can hook it up out in your garage, I'd suggest it highly. Third, sorry to hear you guys have been under the weather but glad that it seems to be just a short manifestation. Blessings.

emma said...

omg that video made my day! SO funny that he had zero clue! so glad you were able to pull it off!!!

votemom said...

hooray!!!!

(and ditto on the rock tumbler - sooooo noisy!)

Beth in Texas said...

Ditto on the rock tumbler! And ours never worked out well but I'd love to hear if yours does.

Pam said...

My hubby is actually the least "nosy" of our bunch, which probably helped tremendously in keeping the surprise!

Yes, the rock tumbler is super noisy. Found that out the moment we turned it on. :-) It's been going in our basement since Christmas morning, and is on it's second of 4 stages. The rocks looked awesome after just the first stage, so I'm hopeful it will work well! And it should be completely finished before we start back to school in the basement next Monday, so the noise won't be a factor.

Thank you for rejoicing with me over the surprise!

Nate myer said...

ooh, look, it's electronic!

Angela said...

awesome Christmas - loved the play that the kids did and seeing all of the fabulous ways you celebrated!!

Targetshopper: said...

LOVE this all!!!! I smiled and laughed the whole way through!! K got a rock tumbler a few years ago and we took it with us on our trip to Atlanta where we stayed in a hotel. BIG mistake! We ended up plugging it in and keeping it out on the balcony. It was so so loud!

So exciting about the t.v. and so fun to watch the response! Thanks for sharing!!!!!