Tuesday, November 30, 2010

So Thankful

I didn't have a chance to post this on Thanksgiving ~ too busy spending time with those I'm thankful for! But here are just a few of the many things I am grateful for this year:

Hair color. I know it's frivolous, but it sure makes me feel less old!


My family. I love being a wife, and I love being a mom. I love being a daughter and I love being a sister. I love being a daughter in law and a sister in law and an aunt!


I so appreciate my friends. God has truly blessed me with several close friends who love me, challenge me, hold me accountable, laugh and cry with me, and continually point me to Jesus.


I am so thankful for our new, old van! It is literally fun (yes, FUN) to go grocery shopping and not wonder how I will get both the children and the food home. I am so thankful for another year in our house. Two years ago I thought it might be our last Christmas in this house, as we were behind on our mortgage and foreclosure was a distinct possibility. Yet here we are, still in our home and getting ready to decorate for another Christmas.


I am so thankful for the trials God has brought to us and brought us through the last few years. They have challenged me in ways that easier times would not. They have taught me things that easier times could not. They have been the means that pulled me closer to God, and changed my thinking to be more in line with the truth of God's Word.

I am so thankful that Jesus is God and that He's my Savior and that I have such a sure hope in Him! When you've been a christian a long time there is a danger to forget what makes christianity distinctive from all other religions. I have been reminded in a powerful way recently how rock solid God's Word is, how trustworthy God is, and how what Jesus did for me through His death and resurrection is my ONLY and very SURE hope. I'm so thankful to know Him and be known by Him!