Friday, October 1, 2010

Overheard.....

My Uncle's memorial service was this week. My parents and two sisters were able to be there, and I am very thankful for that, but I did struggle with not being able to go (sometimes I hate living far!!). I have been grieving for him, and feeling sad that I couldn't be there, and feeling thankful that it wasn't my dad ~ lots of emotions and also quite a few tears, which the children have witnessed. We have prayed together every day for his family.

After his quiet time yesterday, son L told me, with a quivering chin and tears in his eyes:

"Usually I just read my Bible during my quiet time, but today I prayed too. I asked God to please say hi to Uncle Ray and tell him that we miss him and we'll always love him."

Such a sweet moment of vulnerability and a glimpse into the heart of my not-so-little boy.

No comments: