Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Time

Who said, "time marches on"?

Sometimes it marches. At times it plods. And other times it just seems to dash.

It has been two years since our daughter was preparing to join the middle school youth group at our church. Two years. She is now starting her third and final year in the middle school youth group, and our next child is just beginning his three year stint. This time next summer our third child will be there and our oldest will be heading into high school. Okay, please sit there and think happy thoughts for a sec while I have a freak out moment!!!!!

Thank you. I'm back.

Where does the time go?

I remember having such mixed emotions two years ago about the youth group decision. I felt torn, not sure it would mesh well with our family's values, afraid the activities would pull her away from family. Was the youth group in competition with us for our daughter? Or coming along side as a partner while we parented her? After being involved in the youth group for two years now, I have a much better appreciation for how it is organized and what their goals are. Their goals are definitely aligned with ours. I have confidence it will be a good fit for our son G as well, and I'm so thankful for their partnership with us!

2 comments:

Teacher/Mom said...

Goodness if this doesn't fit in with our conversations over the last few weeks. I'll have to email you about it sometime soon. Glad to hear things have worked out for G. And yes - time is certainly flying for us all!

lahbluebonnet said...

Oh I know. Mine are in 11th and 9the grades this year. My son, the preemie, is now taller than me. Where HAS the time gone?
Blessings,
Laurie