Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fun Weekend, and GOOD news!!

Last Friday was the day my husband learned that he was passed over for a second interview and that our car loan application was denied. It was a tough day. I knew we needed something fun to lift our spirits on the weekend, so I suggested to my husband that we take the children to see the movie "Toy Story 3". We rarely go to the movies all together so this would be a big treat, and a possible last "paying" family date before unemployment. My husband readily agreed, so off we went.

Oh my word, we had SO much fun!!! The children were super excited to be going to a movie in the middle of the day. With our whole family! And we opted to see it in 3-D which was a totally new experience for all our children. They were sporting the glasses long before the 3-D previews started. :0) We enjoyed the movie immensely. I found it every bit as good as the first one and all of us but Little Man cried at the end (don't tell my middle aged boys that I told you that). I don't want to give anything away if you haven't seen it, but the ending was SO bittersweet, and done SO well, and any parent who has watched their children grow up and out of certain stages will get teary-eyed at the end unless their heart is made of stone. It was a satisfying wrap up of the whole Toy Story "story" and a very fun time together. Then we came home and swam and played in the pool for a long time.

On Sunday afternoon we took son C to the library to get his VERY. OWN. LIBRARY. CARD. Yes! It was finally his turn!!

Signing his name....




...and then checking out his first book with his own card!



We went home and curled up in the family room ~ some of us read and some of us watched the World Cup final on tv. It was a fun, fun weekend and it made me so very grateful for my family and God's goodness in enabling us to enjoy one another.

Fast forward to the middle of the week, and yesterday my husband received the news that his current employer would like to extend his contract 10 more weeks!!!!!! Yippee!!!! It's not a permanent job, but it's 10 more weeks of work and it means we can go ahead with a vehicle decision. God is SO good! Thank you for your prayers! He hears and He is faithful.

8 comments:

lazy susie said...

Fabulous news!

Haven't seen Toy Story, but a very tall, broad shouldered man told me last weekend how it made him cry. I guess that he is not alone!

Teacher/Mom said...

Way to go C! So proud for you to have your own card. We've tossed around the idea of that movie, but probably won't do the 3D version because they always give me a major migrane. And when momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy!

Beth in Texas said...

Yippee, yippee, yippee and I'm not talking about the movie. ;-) We loved TS3 also and I also cried but I'm almost sure none of my children did. :-(t

Nancy said...

we saw TS3 last week too and loved it.

sooooo happy for the wonderful news on the extension!!! God is absolutely AWESOME. :)

Targetshopper: said...

I was so so so so so happy to see Good News in the title!!!!! Hooray!!! That gives him more time (paid) to learn asp(?) too right!?

TStory is by far my favorite series and the 3rd one did not disappoint! LOVED it!!!

lahbluebonnet said...

Oh how wonderful! Does this help the van situation? I think I know how to see your word verification now. I have to comment on Dana's School for Us blog first. Her's is set up differently, but if I do so, I can comment on yours and Marsha's. My old laptop died and I hoped things would be better with the new one but I had the same problem so I went to Dana's blog and here I am!
Blessings,
Laurie

Darla said...

So very happy for your fantastic news.

Darla

Anonymous said...

Dear sis--I just now updated myself on your blog...and I am praising God for the job extension!Celebrating His goodness with you--
much, much love, Deb