Friday, June 18, 2010

Our Week in Review - Finishing Preschool!

Well, it has finally happened and I have terribly mixed feelings about it. After 13 years we no longer have a preschooler in the house. Yes, Little Man has officially graduated from the ranks of preschool, and will start kindergarten with me in the fall!

I will admit a piece of my heart is sad. The preschool years are SO sweet, so tiring, so busy, so in need of lots of patience, so full of hugs and kisses, and did I say sweet? But most of my heart is just full of gratitude for the privilege of watching Little Man grow and mature and learn, and for the added privilege I have of spending all day every day with him. I have treasured every moment of his preschool years, and I look forward to treasuring every moment of his kindergarten year as well!

In language arts, we worked on learning to write his name well, learning the sounds each letter makes, and learning to match upper and lower case letters together.





In math we worked on counting (not just saying the numbers, but one to one correspondence, touching objects as he counted) , grouping, and learning to recognize written numbers.



In history and science he insisted on doing everything his older siblings did! Here he is making a fish life cycle wheel.


We had recess every day!



And of course, lots of snuggle time and stories with mom.

I *loved* having him home for preschool and wouldn't have traded this year for anything.

Thank you Lord!

1 comment: