Monday, April 19, 2010

Tiptoe Through The Tulips


I just have to post these flower pictures because they are so pretty! Seriously, doesn't it bring a smile to your face just to look at them?

The tulip growing capital of the U.S. is a very short distance from my parents' house, and we had the opportunity to drive through the tulip fields and then tour a display garden. How often am I in Washington in April? When the tulips are in bloom? And how often am I by myself? When it's easier to stop somewhere on a whim? Will the planets ever align this way again??! We went for it, and it was both visually beautiful and very fun to spend the afternoon with my parents.




God's creativity is just stunning!






The fields full of tulips stretched almost as far as the eye could see!


And off in the distance (can't see in this pic) were the Canadian Rockies, and the Washington Cascades, both mountain ranges glistened with fresh snow. Beautiful!




Thank you, Lord, for the beautiful creation you have made, and for giving man the task of cultivating and caring for it. Thank you for this beautiful, amazing, and colorful glimpse into Who You Are.

7 comments:

Keri Harrison said...

Gorgeous flowers!! :) What a beautiful picture of you and your parents. :) I LOVE Spring!!

Lona said...

Love it! Gorgeous photos. But (may I confess?) for a moment I felt a pang as I thought you had visited my town (looks the same, sans Rockies) and didn't visit me.

I'm glad you are getting a visit with your folks...

Pam said...

Lona, I wouldn't come to your town without seeing you!! (or at least calling!)

Debbie said...

The tulips pictures were beautiful. We have gone many times to the Tulip Festival in Holland MI --- funny story - one year there was a bad storm and when we went all that was left of the tulips were the stems - fields of stems - no petals. We kept being told how pretty everything looked a week before - before the storm. Sadly all we saw were stems.

Beth in Texas said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. It looks like Holland.

emma said...

soooo pretty!!! i love tulips!

Beth in Texas said...

Fancy shmancy new look. Love it!