Monday, April 5, 2010

He is Risen!

He is risen indeed!

We had such a glorious Easter. Our worship service was such a celebration of Jesus' resurrection ~ everything about it caused me to appreciate Jesus in deeper ways and rejoice in the incredible victory He has given us over death and sin. Hallelujah!

Of course, it was also a very fun day. The children awoke to their Easter baskets. Even Sarah and Hailey got baskets! (I didn't get pics of them with their baskets, they were still in bed when we did the basket opening and found theirs later ~ but don't tell them I told you that!)







After the worship service, we came home and took pictures in our Easter finery. We pretty much took pics of every single combination of people you could think of, so bear with me......!

All the children.


The beautiful girls!


Our handsome boys.


Hubby and me.

Son L, being contemplative.


Our family.



Sarah, with her friend Dino.



The only ones who were able to come over from my husband's side of the family were his parents, so we were rather "small" and all fit around one table!



After dinner we had an outdoor egg hunt. Some eggs were hidden down low, for the younger ones.


And others were hidden up high for the older ones!



Sarah and Hailey took their loot back to college with them.


We still have 4 elusive eggs somewhere in the yard that have not yet been found!

5 comments:

Keri Harrison said...

I agree - the service was really spectacular on Sunday!

I absolutely LOVE the photos - especially your crazy family pic!

What a great looking family!

Beth in Texas said...

I can send Drake, our bad back Lab, up there and he can find those eggs. Especially, if they have chocolate in them.

Pam said...

Beth, one of the eggs was found today, but it was empty so I'm thinking one of the neighbor children got to it first.

If you come WITH Drake, I'll take him!

Beth in Texas said...

I would HAVE to come with Drake as well as the rest of my crew. :-) That bad dog can find ANYTHING he is not supposed to have.

As I write this, you are now flying across the U.S. Have a great trip - I am praying.

Renee said...

What a beautiful and fun family you have!!!