Thursday, January 7, 2010

Random

I was organizing our Christmas pics on the computer today and found some random photos from December that are not Christmas related. In no particular order:

Little Man doing preschool math. We actually use a few materials from way back in my public school kindergarten teaching days, and these boxes of fun manipulatives are one of them. This particular day he chose the box with fishies and ocean cards. We counted out different numbers of fish for different cards. I can't believe I ever had the time to make such detailed things, but I'm glad we can use them now! We also have apples and apple tree cards, seeds and watermelon cards, etc.



And math would not be complete without a fortress made from math blocks!


Christmas gifts for our REAL moms ladies (formerly MOPS). Little Man helped me stuff these bags. Don't they look pretty sitting there all ready to go?


One of our annual traditions was moved this year from the first Saturday in Dec to the second Saturday in Dec. Yes, the Army/Navy football game, which for decades has been played the first Saturday of the month, has now been moved so that it will never fall on the same day as the SEC championship. I think this is great as it means one more Saturday to watch football!! ;-)

We dressed in our Go Navy clothes once again, and cheered them on to victory once again! And once again my husband made our children do pushups equal to the total score, each time Navy earned points. And once again, at the end, he stood and sang his alma mater with all the other midshipmen on tv. On this one day each year, my husband becomes a huge football fan.


One day at the grocery store, son C saw this bread cutter, that cuts a slice of bread into 4 triangles. He fell in love with it and bought it with his own money!


On that same trip to the store, son L fell in love with a little tube of bubbles, which he also bought with his own money! There is a small one on the end of his finger. He happily blew bubbles inside the house for quite a while that afternoon.


Something we do a lot of!


Blowing up Little Man's new inflatable soccer chair, which he received from his WA grandparents for his birthday.


Thank you Grandma and Grandpa!

5 comments:

Beth in Texas said...

I'm on Facebook too much. I wanted to "like" this post. ;-)

Targetshopper: said...

I always love the pictures that have all of the children in them. They are so heartwarming and you are blessed! L looks so grown up in his picture.

lazy susie said...

My little ones (well, not so little anymore) LOVE filling the gift bags. We've done about 200 of them for Calvin's school mates this year.

Leslie said...

What fun pictures! I chuckled when I saw the MUS fortress. We have that often at our house too. LOL

Blessings
Leslie

Jennifer said...

Thanks for sharing these "everyday" shots. Can I come hang at your house for a football game - it looks like you guys had such a great family time! Targetshopper said L looks so grown up...I say WOW Little Man has really changed in the past month!

Fun pics!