Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Overheard...

After son C had carelessly run into a lego creation and broken part of it:

Son L: "You're acting like a ruffian!"

Me to L: "Wow, great use of the word ruffian!"

Son C: "Mommy, you're hurting my feelings."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And a more serious conversation today:

L, with a somewhat sad look on his face: "Mommy, what will I do after you die?"

Me, shooting up a bullet prayer for the right words and answering slowly: "You'll bury me, and you'll miss me, and you'll be thankful that you'll see me again, and you will always know that I love you."

L: "But what will I do?"

Me: "You'll live your life, however long you have to live after I die. And after it's your turn to die, we'll see each other again in heaven. That will be a very happy thing."

L, clearly less troubled and spoken matter of factly after several seconds of quiet thought: "Okay!"

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

tears...but what a wonderful explanation!