Monday, January 18, 2010

Can we make cupcakes?

Yes!

This past weekend Little Man and I read this new book he got for Christmas. It's one of a series that we just love. We also have, If you give a moose a muffin, If you give a mouse a cookie, If you give pig a party, and If you take a mouse to the movies. After we finished reading it (for the third time) Little Man asked me, "mommy, can we make cupcakes?"



And it was with such delight that I said, "yes!". Don't we moms have to say no so often? Most of the time I have a good reason for saying no, but still, it gets old. So it is always fun to get to say yes! After church yesterday, Little Man and I happily made cupcakes.




He poured oodles of sprinkles on top, just like the cat did in the book! (I saved out a couple plain ones for my hubby and me, since we're not really into, you know, oodles of sprinkles) :-)




What have you said yes to recently?

5 comments:

lahbluebonnet said...

You know what? We read a lot of books and the kids won book reading awards as preschoolers, but we never read that series of books! Looks like he had a lot of fun. You too!
Blessings,
Laurie

votemom said...

very good point (and good topic for REALmoms newsletter!)

today i said "yes" to the barbie/horse box being brought up from the storage room. it's a very special treat and i had two delighted little girls for three straight hours!

Loren Warnemuende said...

Love it! Yesterday I said "yes" to the girls wearing whatever clothes they wanted (actually, I think today was that,too). Both chose to prance around in dresses--Clare chose her Christmas plaid with argyle tights, and Ev wore a sundress, though she did concede to a winter shirt underneath!

CAB said...

awesome Mom! I'm so glad you said yes - I have those days...and weeks...and months...it seems where all I feel like I do is say no and what a delight it is to say YES! Yes, we can, honey. Sigh.

thanks for sharing!

Leslie said...

Very sweet post! Looks like y'all had a lot of fun! I love being able to say "yes" too! I'll have to look for some opportunities tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder!

Blessings
Leslie