Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Theme Verse

It took several weeks into the school year before our theme verse for the year became evident, so I was thrilled when I felt the Lord give us these words to say outloud each morning and meditate on throughout the year:


Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. ~ Colossians 3:23

I found a poster with this verse on it, and it even pictures soccer players! (very appropriate!) We have displayed this poster prominently in our schoolroom and we recite the verse each morning. Then during devotions we pray that we will "work with all our heart". It has been sweet for me to hear the children pray this for each other.



Does your family have a theme verse for this year? I'd love to hear it if you do.

4 comments:

Kristenph said...

We don't have a verse, but I really like the idea. Our should probably be "Do all things without murmurings and disputings." LOL

lazy susie said...

Same one. I think it's going to have to be a life long verse because we all have soooooooo much trouble with giving our all.

Beth in Texas said...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around your blog! :-)

lahbluebonnet said...

Great verse! Ours is the same every year, but we do topical studies as needed. Our school verse is Phil 2:14-15 and my teaching motto is to reach for the highest star. Currently we are doing a topical study on grace, while waiting for the kids to finish their Eric Liddell chapters.
Blessings,
Laurie