Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Tree - 2009

We decorated our tree last weekend! I was so busy enjoying the experience that I forgot to take many pictures. I LOVE decorating our tree each year, and I love listening to our children as they take out beloved ornaments they haven't seen since last January. "Oh, I love this one!" and "this is one of my favorites!" and "oh, I remember this!" were heard over and over. Traditions, I'm tellin' ya. Good, good stuff.


For the first time we put it right in front of our sliding glass door. I love that it's basically the center of our family room, and it can be seen when we're outside (though we're not spending too much time outside right now). It does take up lots of floor space, but it's worth it I think. It's only for a month!


After decorating we had hot chocolate.




And sat and admired our tree.

Since then I have sat in the dark each night right before going to bed with just the tree lights on, and admired their beauty, thanked God for the day, and prayed over the day coming. It has been so refreshing. What is it about tree lights??

4 comments:

Beth in Texas said...

Growing up, I would always sneak down at night, turn on the lights and just stare at them for a while. Now that I'm older, I don't have to sneak around about it. :-)

lahbluebonnet said...

How lovely!
Blessings,
Laurie

votemom said...

MH was here babysitting last night and she said they got one of the same trees from where yours came from and she said, "it's kind of.... short.... and..... stout."

i laughed ;o)

Pam said...

votemom, yes it is!! That is funny. :-)