Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The last of our vacation pictures

Well, we are already going full steam ahead with our regular life here, but before time got away from me I wanted to post the rest of our vacation pics. Warning, there are alot!! When I look at the pictures I miss my extended family so much, but I also realize how much fun we had. It was a true vacation ~ fun outings and also lots of lazy hanging out time. I hardly thought of school, MOPS, or bills the entire time we were there!

Before we left, our daughter G was shopping for an mp3 player to use on the airplane. She had saved her money for 2 years and decided this was what she wanted to spend most of it on. The exact one we wanted was not available at our Walmart, but we called out to Bellingham and found it there! So as soon as we arrived, she and I headed to Walmart so she could make this important purchase. It was really cute and an exciting milestone for her.


Fun at the lake.




My mom (on the right) with one of her dearest friends. Aren't these women beautiful?


Two other beautiful women ~ my 19 year old nieces.


Little Man, slipping and sliding!

All the cousins on my side of the family. Our 5, my sister Gayle's 4, and my sister Debbie's 2.

My honey and his 2 brothers in law.


My sister Debbie is a very accomplished pianist. This scene, in my parent's living room, is a very familiar one to us. From the time she could first play, Debbie could often be found at the piano. We had a wonderful time of family worship around this piano one night.


Sandwich hug! Little Man saying goodbye to his Aunt Debbie and his cousin Liz. :-(


My niece Liz with her two aunties.


Hanging out at my sister Gayle's house....son G with his cousin Tim. They bonded like twins. :-)

Hanging out at Grandma and Grandpa's. This is the house I grew up in. I LOVE this house.


When I was in college (living at home, commuting to a local university) my parents added a deck to the back of the house with a gazebo and lovely flowerbeds around it. I just love the gazebo! Gazing at the world from the flower filled gazebo always fills me with peace. It's just a little slice of heaven. Plus it's really cute. :-)










One evening we went to an all-comer's track meet. It was just what it sounds like, anyone could come and run. They ran the 50 meter dash, 100, 200, 800 and the mile for children 3 and under on up to senior citizens. Our children had never officially raced before, so this was a new experience. It was really fun! I unfortunately did not get a picture of Little Man running (and winning!) his first race, but here he is with his grandpa, going off to watch one.


Here is son C, running for all he's worth! (he's last, in the red shorts)


The three boys in the very middle of this pack are our sons G and L, and their cousin Tim. It was fun to see them all race against each other! (they came in half a stride behind each other, just boom, boom, boom)


Our daughter G, taking off (in the pink shorts).


Coming back from the races on Uncle Greg's shoulders.


Watching the sun set over Bellingham Bay. Going.....


....going.....


....gone.


This is my best friend from childhood, with her grown daughter. We had a mother/daughter lunch one day. So fun to catch up! She is also the sister of my brother in law Greg, so we're almost kindof related. ;-)


Another evening we had a girls night out (dinner and pottery painting)



while the guys had a boys night in (watching "Wipe Out" on tv and then eating watermelon while Uncle Greg read an exciting book outloud).


With one of my "golden" friends, Carmen. We have been close friends for 28 years!! (aack! am I that old????)


Cousins eating at the park.


Little Man with his cousin Elijah.


And our daughter G with her Grandpa Dean.


Another highlight for me was getting to visit with this dear couple. He was my pastor when I was an infant, in fact, he is the one who dedicated me to the Lord when I was less than 6 months old. He later became my pastor again when he moved to Bellingham for my middle school and part of my high school years. And years later when I married and had my own daughter, we flew to WA and had a private baby dedication ceremony in my parents home, where he dedicated our little baby G to the Lord. He is a dear man and very special to me. Visiting with he and his wife was just wonderful, and they were thrilled to meet all of our children (though son C's head is cut off, way down low. He was there!).


These pictures can't really convey what a wonderful time we had, but I hope they give a taste of the joys and blessings of this vacation. We are so thankful to the Lord for allowing us this special oasis during our desert journey of unemployment! He is so good!

4 comments:

lahbluebonnet said...

How special! I want to visit there! I love that gazebo! Everyone seems so wonderful! I'm so glad you got to go!
Blessings,
Laurie

Teacher/Mom said...

My stepsister taught school there for a few years before going back to school for her Masters. My mom and stepdad lived in Spokane for several years when they were first married. It was a beautiful place to visit. I'm so glad your vacation was such a wonderful and refreshing one. I pray that the LORD will continue to bless you as you return home, and that you have more Hope and Faith as a result. Blessings my friend.

lazy susie said...

Wonderful photos, Pam! All those smiles and bright, shining faces DO convey a wonderful trip!

Targetshopper: said...

I have loved looking through your pictures and "meeting" your family. They are beautiful! I'm so glad that you were able to go and have that time with them!