Monday, August 31, 2009

First Day of the New Job!!

Today was my husband's first day at his new job. It went well. Lots of sitting around waiting for his security codes, the right software for his work computer, etc. Like first days often are in his line of work. But he got PAID to sit around and wait!! Thank you, Lord. He thinks he is going to like the work and the people. The environment is rather "union" in practice. Starting at 7:15 each morning, taking breaks at specified times, ending at 4:00 each day. Period. No flexibility with the hours.

Are you laughing yet?

If you know us, you know we are pretty big night owls. In order to be there at 7:15 this morning, my husband had to leave the house at 6:15. Which meant getting up at 5:30. Which meant going to bed at 10:30 last night. A complete paradigm shift for us! In an effort to support him, I intend to keep the same schedule. Once we make the adjustment, I think I am going to LOVE this imposed schedule! God has a sense of humor, and He also knows what is BEST for us. And He chose THIS job for my husband. Hmmm........ :-)

I got tons of stuff done in a quiet house this morning. Thank you Lord.

My husband made it to soccer practice where he is an assistant coach, no problem. Thank you Lord.

And he was home for dinner on time and we sat down together as a family. Thank you Lord.

THANK-YOU for his job!!

(now don't call me or expect an email response after 10:00 P.M.) ;-)

4 comments:

votemom said...

those are fantastic hours! you'll get used to it after a while i'm sure. i'm rejoicing with you!

BlessingintheBattle said...

YIPPEE for set hours...and paid waiting:). I am so happy for your family.

lahbluebonnet said...

My husband waited a long time getting his security code when he got this job. Getting paid and sitting around. He has to be at the Pentagon at 6am, so he is up at 430am I think. I can't get up that early. He goes to bed at 930pm and I have had an awful time getting to bed at that time. My goal is to get to where I can. I'm planning on doing that when school starts next week. Our books still aren't here!
Blessings,
Laurie

Targetshopper: said...

I think you will love the schedule too eventually. Your evenings will seem a lot longer and family dinners will be great! Praying the adjustment will go well and praising the Lord with you for this new job!