Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Scenes from our Parents' 50th wedding anniversary party

This will be heavy on photos and short on text. I am busy having too much fun and staying up too late talking, to have many brain cells left for blogging at the moment. But my parents' party was fun, exhausting, amazing, beautiful, meaningful, and a big emotional high. How thankful I am for their marriage and how they continually live out their love for each other and their faith in God. I got to see many people that attended church with us girls during our high school years, and it was such a joy to re-connect with so many dear, "old" friends. This first pic was taken after the party, when we were feeling a bit loopy. :-)




Our daughter G with her two girl cousins (both 19 and beautiful girls, inside and out!). These girls had such a great time rooming together for 5 days! (The one on the left is the daughter of my sister on the left in the above photo, and the one on the right is the daughter of my sister on the right).



2 comments:

votemom said...

beautiful ladies and girls, and that cakes looks scrumptious!

Colleen said...

How fun! I'm so glad you guys all got to go for the big celebrations! I love your mom and dad. And how fun to see your girls together! I'll bet your daughter had a blast being around just the girls for a few days. I grew up with just little brothers so I know I would have loved it!