Monday, July 20, 2009

Nature Walk

A couple weeks ago the children and I went on a lovely nature walk through a state park near us. Nature walk is one of the things on our "fun list of things to do" and though we could have done a totally free nature walk, I really wanted the children to experience this awesome paved trail through a state park, so it cost us $6 for the day. We saw many beautiful and interesting things to appreciate in God's wonderful creation. Periodically we stopped so the children could sketch something in their nature journals. My camera got passed around from child to child, so most of these pictures are ones they took.

Son G with an interesting slug (isn't that an oxymoron?)


Our daughter G found some lovely little flowers. She brought along her flower press, and put these in to press right away in preparation for a craft she's working on for our trip to WA this week.






Everyone found great walking sticks to use!




See the dew drops on this leaf? Aren't they exquisite?










We came upon a playplace tucked deep in the woods. Fun!




3 comments:

Whole Food Pioneer said...

We went on a nature walk last week as a family, and we didn't do any of the fun things you listed. Although we did see a deer and that was cool. Thanks for the great ideas for next time.

lazy susie said...

Jackets? In July? I'm heading to MI, maybe I should leave my bathing suit behind.

Tell your young'uns that my son C used to pick slugs up from the ground and pop them in his mouth. He was one. His Frenchiness was already apparent.

Lepidoptera said...

I enjoyed "going" on a nature walk with your family. Lately I have been posting pictures of the various flowers - mostly wild - that bloomed in our yard this year. Having moved to OH in November has meant new discoveries just about every week!

I am still praying for your family as your husband continues his job hunt and always enjoy your blog.