Sunday, June 28, 2009

Exercise Accountability Update

I worked out 4 times last week!! Yes, count 'em. FOUR. Whoo-hoo!!! I only walked twice though. The other two times were heavy duty gardening sessions ~ the kind where you turn over a shovel full of dirt, whack it numerous times to break it up, sprinkle on some sand and peat moss from heavy bags in order to amend the soil, and then stir it all up (ie, turn over numerous more times) before crouching to plant seeds. I did this for 3 hours each, two days in a row, and I'm still discovering muscles in my arms that I didn't know I had. So I'm counting it as strength training.

I do hope to actually walk 5 times this week. I haven't made it to 5 times yet, but I'm determined to keep trying!

4 comments:

lazy susie said...

Great job! I'd count the gardening also. Absolutely.

lahbluebonnet said...

Google "calories burned" or something like that. You'll be pleasantly surprised at how many calories you burn by gardening. Yea! There are so many other health benefits to gardening too!
Blessings,
Laurie

Targetshopper: said...

That's Great!! I fell off the bandwagon last week and you are inspiring me to get back on and keep going!

votemom said...

way to go! i hope walking all over the zoo grounds today will count for something.