Monday, May 4, 2009

Exercise Accountability

Remember this post from January? I started the new year gung-ho to walk one mile 5 days a week, and I did it pretty well for several weeks. But I fizzled out somewhere along early March and I really need to do it. So I figured I needed to make myself accountable to you all for the walking. I added a ticker to my top right sidebar, and each week I should ("should"!) get to 5 times. I know the ticker slider shows a runner. That is to motivate me to get to where I could possibly run (or more realistically, jog) someday. I almost chose a turtle for my ticker slider, since that more accurately represents me right now! But a girl can dream. :-)

4 comments:

lazy susie said...

I had a feeling that you had joined my slacker club. I need to exercise also; I think that I might do this ticker thing. Maybe one day we'll run a marathon together!

Pam said...

I would love that Susan! Maybe we could start with a 5K. :-)

Targetshopper: said...

laughed out loud when you mentioned the turtle! You are anything but a turtle, you have 5 kids remember!? :) The ticker accountability is very clever!

lahbluebonnet said...

Huzzah on walking one day this week! I feel as though I've been walking miles up and down the stairs. I've never had a basement before. Today I walked miles in CW. Actually I like the turtle. It would make me laugh to have him push me along! LOL
Blessings,
Laurie