Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Exercise Accountability Update

Well, I still have lots of room for improvement. Three weeks ago I only walked once. The week after that I walked twice, and last week I walked three times! So perhaps this week I'll walk four times! I know the "busy" excuse is just an excuse, but it's so darn convenient isn't it?

My friend Susan is exercising "with" me (she's exercising too, but we are several states apart) and when we can both run a 5K without collapsing we are going to enter a 5K together. Last week she exercised SIX times!! So the pressure is on. This is a very huge goal for both of us, but I think with dedication it is also realistic. So, pray for me! And for her! And get out of that computer chair and exercise with us!

2 comments:

lahbluebonnet said...

Perhaps you are already doing this. But I am more likely to go out and walk if I take the kids with me than if I go alone. After all the exercise is good for them too. And it is great SI (especially if they wear a backpack to collect and store items for Colonial Williamsburg wreaths) and good way for them to burn off energy. It is not as "relaxing" as going alone but usually more productive. I also try to set the pace and sometimes they end up running races and I have to keep up with them. Praying for you...
Blessings,
Laurie

Leslie said...

Good for you! I was doing better and then hurt my knee. Need to get off the chair like you said though!

Keep up the good work!

Blessings
Leslie