Thursday, March 19, 2009

Prayer Request

***2nd update*** It finally INSTALLED at 1:30 Saturday morning!! Thank you Lord!! Thank you so much, those of you that have been praying. My husband has been struggling with this all week and now, thanks to your prayers, he can get on with the business of programming. He's not sure what finally made it work, he has tinkered and banged around so much it's hard to say just which combination was the winning one. But I'm convinced it was prayer. :-)

***update*** as of 2 PM Friday it has still not installed. Please keep praying!


For my praying blog readers, would you please pray that SQL server will correctly install on my husband's laptop? (SQL is pronounced sequel) He already had SQL server on his computer but it was an older version, and he needs the new version in order to complete a freelance project he is working on (and we have anticipated using his payment from this project to pay April's mortgage!). He cannot do any more work on this project until this software correctly installs, and it has failed nearly a dozen times. My husband has stayed up late too many nights to count, reading notes from other programmers, trouble shooting, uninstalling things and reinstalling. We thought he'd found a break through last night, but alas, it didn't install again. Please pray that it will correctly install soon. Thank you!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh, I hope he gets is working! My Dad is a data base administrator and works with SQL. He might be able to offer some tips. If you want, leave your email on my blog and I can get my Dad in touch with your husband... but hopefully he will have it figured out by the time you read this. I love your blog, and I will pray!

Targetshopper: said...

Just prayed but I'm reading this late and hoping it's aleady installed successfully?!?!

Greg said...

We will be praying as well. We are now at Marcie's who has internet! Yeah! So I have been enjoying getting caught up on your blog and seeing what all God is doing in all your lives...you guys are doing a great job helping the kids work through this. May the joy of the Lord be your strength today! Love you lots.

votemom said...

ughhhhhhh - such frustration. please Lord. and help them trust.

Lona said...

Praying...c

votemom said...

oh so happy to read this update - the Lord kept bringing B to mind and how incredibly frustrated he must have been. thank You Lord.