Saturday, February 28, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

I had a great birthday! The day before, my friend votemom took me out to lunch with some other women who have February birthdays. It was so fun! They are ladies I don't get to visit with very often, so it was refreshing to spend time with them. On the day of my birthday, two of my boys helped me make my cake:


(the rewards of helping!)


Daughter G frosted it AND made our dinner that night (scrambled eggs) so I wouldn't have to cook. :-)


The hodge podge of candles adds up to....um....well, I'll let you count! (this was me pre hair-cut by the way)



Opening presents from my parents....


Thanks mom and dad!! I love everything! The scarf from England is gorgeous and I especially love the chicken pitcher from Italy! (my parents recently returned from several weeks in Europe, so their gifts were quite international!)


The day after my birthday, some sweet sweet friends sent me and hubby to a wonderful restaurant for dinner and took our children to Chuck E Cheese!! Oh my goodness, they had SUCH a good time!







These are the sweet sweet friends. :-) Thank you so much Keri and Marie!! Fyi, I am standing down a step so that I'm not towering over them. Keri especially is somewhat vertically challenged. ;-) (Marie would want me to tell you that yes, she is pregnant, and Keri, sorry about the rose placement!).


They sent us to a fabulous fondue style restaurant where we had a 4 course meal. We started with a cheese fondue for dipping bread, chips, fruit and veggies. Then we each had a salad. Next came the meat course. We got to pick our meat tray and our fondue dipping sauce. And we ended with a chocolate fondue! We dipped and ate every single strawberry, banana, brownie, cheesecake and marshmallow piece, and then my husband scraped out the remaining chocolate from the fondue pan and ate that too!! It was such a delicious meal and such a thoughtful thing to do. We had a marvelous time. Thank you so much my sweet friends!

(this is my post hair cut pic, with my handsome hubby!)

2 comments:

Lona said...

Happy Birthday, dear friend!

Targetshopper: said...

I LOVE that last picture! I'm so glad that you had a special birthday and were loved on and pampered by friends and family. You are very special and I am very thankful for you. Sorry for the Belated response!