Tuesday, February 17, 2009

God is so good!!

Okay people. This is a true story. 100%.

My husband got paid for part of his free lance project last Friday. We were so grateful! The bank was closed yesterday for President's Day, so I deposited the check this morning and then paid some bills. I used up all but $250 of the paycheck, and that money is already earmarked for other expenses coming up. So I told my husband this afternoon that we could not use our debit card at all. Nada. Zilch. Not for anything. Then it dawned on us that we would need money for gas. I did take out a small amount of cash so I told him that we would just have to use some of the cash to pay for gas, but wondered outloud if that would be enough.

He went upstairs to continue working on looking for work, and I re-focused on schooling with the children. A couple hours later he brought in the mail. I was busy in the kitchen when suddenly he hands me a pretty pink Valentine's Day card, out of the envelope. I thought, "Wow - how nice - he got me a card! Better late than never!" (side note, in his defense, he usually gets me lovely cards and writes something really meaningful in them that makes me cry, but he was really sick last weekend).

I opened the card and out falls a $50 GAS CARD!!!!!!!

God knew exactly what we would need, when we would need it, and moved someone to bless us in this very specific way. Oh my word, isn't God good??! Again, it was anonymous, so I'm publicly thanking the LORD and sharing His incredible goodness with all of you! If the giver is by chance reading this, thank you, thank you, thank you!! You couldn't have known that we would be talking about gas money today, but even before we had a chance to pray in earnest together about this need, God met it through you.

And, as icing on the cake, there was also a $25 Target gift card in there too.

I. Feel. So. Loved.

5 comments:

BlessingintheBattle said...

WOW. I am amazed at how God is showing Himself over and over! I shouldn't be surprised, but I SO am! You. are. so. loved!

votemom said...

He IS so good!

Keri Harrison said...

Even though I know that God ALWAYS comes through - it's always exciting to see how! :)

lahbluebonnet said...

How wonderful!!!!!! =)
Blessings,
Laurie

Marsha said...

Thanks for sharing another blessing with us! It's a joy to see the Lord showering His love all over you and your family!

Hugs, Marsha