Thursday, February 19, 2009

Eventful Day

Wednesday was an eventful day at our house. I woke up sick. Again. It's strep throat. Again. I called my Dr and basically pleaded for more antibiotics without having to come in and be seen and swabbed again (which would have cost over $100), and she was merciful and phoned in a prescription for me. Thank you Lord! When I am mildly sick we forge ahead and do school anyway, but yesterday I was too sick to supervise school so the children got the day off. They felt bad that I was sick but they were VERY happy to have an unexpected free day!

After collapsing in bed for a little bit in the afternoon, I took our son L to the Dr to get his leg checked. He has had something called "molluscum contagiosum" for about a year now. They are little bumpy lesions on the skin which look like warts but are not warts. Well, one of them on his leg got infected and had turned into cellulitis. So he is on antibiotics now also. I am so thankful for modern medicine!

He and I stayed home from church last night, and as we were cuddled up on the couch together watching American Idol, a pizza commercial came on that showed a man with his mother and he said something like, "There's only one thing a man loves more than his mother....." and he goes on to talk about these delicious pizzas. L turned to me and said, "that's silly. There's nothing a man loves more than his mother except God." So sweet!!!!! That made me feel good. :-)

Then, the biggest news of all happened. My husband had a phone interview at 7:30pm which resulted in him being hired right over the phone! It is a part time job, and the pay is low, but it's in his field and it's a JOB. Yay!! It will not pay all our bills, but it's a start. We are very thankful! He started today so I keep thinking about him and praying for him and wondering how it's going. I can't wait til he comes home tonight and can tell me all about it. Rejoice with us! And please keep praying for "the" job!

5 comments:

Keri Harrison said...

That's wonderful news!!! (the job, not the sickness). :) We are still praying!

BlessingintheBattle said...

WOWWWWWWWWWW! Yeah for a "start!" Cannot wait to see what is coming!

Feel better--we missed you last night:)

votemom said...

you DID have an eventful day!

it's exciting to see God at work.

and i'm very, very sorry for more illness at your house. today was our first fever-free day in 13 days. i can't tell you how great that was!

MarshaAnne said...

I'm so glad he found some work! Is there any chance that this job could become full-time? I'm praying for your family.

votemom said...

thinking of you tonight. hope the drugs have kicked in and that B's day went well.