Thursday, February 5, 2009

Amazing Praise!

Rejoice with us!

Someone sent us a grocery store gift card in the mail anonymously so I don't know who to thank. In the absence of thanking someone specifically, we want to tell others so you can rejoice with us! There was no amount stamped or written on the card, so I went online to check how much was on it and I was stunned to find out there is

FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!!

We are anticipating the first payment soon from my husband's small freelance project, so I was thinking that I'd be able to take a small amount of grocery money from that, but now I have $500 of grocery money to spend throughout the month and that can go for all the other bills! Thank you Lord!!

Truly, we are undeserving of this incredible gift. It is grace, pure and simple. We are humbled, shocked, and very very grateful. And now I am all geeked to see if I can do a month's worth of groceries on $500. Like the little blue engine that could, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!"

10 comments:

Adrienne XO said...

God is so good. I rejoice with you.

Blessings~~
Adrienne from Theological Kids

Marsha said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!! To whomever sent this blessing, thank you! It's a joy to see the Lord at work in and through this precious family!

Hugs, Marsha

votemom said...

that is so cool pam - but don't say you are undeserving... sounds to me like it's just the body of Christ working the way He wants it to work!

Lona said...

Woot! All praise to Him (and happy dancing with you)...

lazy susie said...

I know that you can do a month on $500, and I can't wait to hear about it!

lahbluebonnet said...

Oh Pam, this fits right on my list of God's provisions at my blog. I am so happy for you but this is really encouraging me right now too!
Blessings,
Laurie

BlessingintheBattle said...

WOW, Pam! God is SO good!

Let us know how you do it! I cannot wait to see how a family of 7 can eat with $500 for a month. That will definately motivate me to see how we can cut back. You are an amazing example, to me, of being a good steward of God's gifts. Thank you for that.

Targetshopper: said...

That is wonderful! I see that I have some catching up to do on your blog! :) I'm excited to hear how your trip went.

Thanks for your prayers and comments! I'm finally feeling better!

5littlewomen said...

That is so wonderful! God is so very gracious in supplying all our needs :-) What a neat story you have to share.

Susanne Barrett said...

Yay! Rejoicing with you! Someone blessed us the same way with a $500 Costco giftcard last Christmas. We made it last for five weeks, and it ehlped us out to much. The family of God is *wonderful*!