Sunday, January 4, 2009

Update to the Update

Well, God is so good. Immediately after posting the previous entry I locked myself in our bedroom and had my prayer time with the Lord. It was very cleansing. :-) I literally cried into my pillow until I couldn't cry anymore and told God everything. I laid there for a long time, reciting scripture outloud and just letting God speak to me. Being still (that is hard for me to do and I definitely don't do it enough!).

I considered deleting the previous entry and just posting this one, but then you would think I was amazing and I am not. GOD is amazing. Truly! He took me from selfish and fearful to submissive and at peace in about an hour. :-)

Here is what I know:

The Lord is good and His love endures forever. (Ps. 100:5)

He gives good gifts to those who ask Him. (Matthew 7:11)

There will be trouble in this world, but He has overcome the world. (John 16:33)

The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in love. (Ps. 103:8)

He satisfies my desires with good things. (Ps. 103:5)

Nothing is impossible with God. (Luke 1:37)

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength. (Phil. 4:13)

His grace is sufficient. (2 Cor. 12:9)


He is enough! He. Is. Enough. Isn't that wonderful and amazing and powerful and humbling and satisfying???? How I love Him. And how I praise Him! I am amazed that He loves me in spite of myself, but His Word makes it very clear that He does. His death on the cross to take away the penalty of my sin makes it clear that He does. Each of us matter so very much to Him. I am filled with gratitude at the tremendous gift of His love. And at least for today, I am resting in that.

4 comments:

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

Hallelujah! LOVED this post and the Word you shared.

Just Keep swimming!
Blessings,
Tami
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Marsha said...

I'm praying for you my friend. And I am praising God for you!!!

Hugs, Marsha
~ who has been thinking seriously of going back to my natural roots! Prov. 16:31 Want to try the buddy system?

Laura said...

Many, many blessings to you! May you have an amazing day today... Thank you for your sweet transparency and your love for our God. It is like water refreshing me.

Laura

Keri Harrison said...

I'm praying for you! Thank you for both posts - and not deleting the first update. :) I know that trials (most of the time) seem insurmountable - but praise God that nothing is too big for Him. I just wish I could train myself to remember that in the midst -it's tough.