Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Salon Experience

So. I went to the salon that my benefactor chose for me on Saturday morning. It was beautiful! Much nicer than the chain salon I normally go to. The kind of place where they take your coat and hang it up for you, and offer to get you something to drink. The kind of place that also has a spa where you can receive manicures, pedicures, facials, and massages. Very, very nice. I was glad I had put on makeup that morning!

I got a very cute, very sweet stylist named Heather who turned out to also be a christian! We had a lovely talk about Jesus, churches, different ministries, family, etc. She asked me lots of questions about how I normally wear my hair and how I take care of it. She totally got it that I don't have much time to fuss with my hair in the mornings, but also encouraged me to get out of my rut a little bit. So I consented to getting a completely different hair cut. It would be too hard to try and explain here how the cut was different, but it was TOTALLY different than anything I have experienced before. The actual cutting was different. It was very interesting to watch. She taught me how to style it the way she did, and I think it will be easy to copy and won't take more time than I take now (which isn't much).

Knowing that I would have to sit for about 45 minutes letting the color "process", I was tempted to do school prep while waiting. But I was pretty sure my benefactor had wanted me to feel completely pampered, so instead I took a new fun book to read. I thoroughly enjoyed my two hours there, reading without interruption and getting fussed over.

And I left the salon with a sassy new 'do!

My hubby and I had a WONDERFUL day/night together. We were able to totally ignore our PIT of a house, with Christmas decorations still out, ornaments still sitting on a card table to be packed away, school books covering the table, and stacks of stuff on the kitchen counter, and instead really focus on each other and reconnecting. I am so thankful to our friends for watching the kids overnight. It was just what we needed! Re-entry into the real world has been a bit rough today, but that's a different post.....

My hair looks a little different today after sleeping on it one night, but hopefully later I will be able to post a pic.

Thank you again, my sweet anonymous friend!!

4 comments:

Targetshopper: said...

I am so excited to see the new cut! I'm also so happy that you had a nice night with your hubby! Does he like the new cut?

lahbluebonnet said...

Looking forward to see your picture! I'm glad you enjoyed the time! What a sweet friend you have!
Blessings,
Laurie

votemom said...

that's really cool that your hairdresser (do they call them that at a salon?) was a believer and easy to talk to. i hate having someone new cut my hair and it's awkward and you can't find something to talk about. glad your overnighter went well. how did the kids do? and yes, i'm excited to see your new 'do too.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your new haircut. What a wonderful blessing and surprise gift!