Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday Little Man!!!

Today Little Man turned 4. Unbelievable. I remember what I was doing on this day 4 years ago very vividly!! His was my second longest labor (18 hours) and most difficult delivery. Despite those memories which have not yet begun to dim, his arrival made it all so worth while. How thankful we were to welcome another sweet boy to our family! It is such a joy to be Little Man's mama. He brings our whole family much laughter and fun.

Big sister made him a birthday crown.


Birthday dinner ~ spaghetti!


When you have 4 siblings it means you get more presents!


It's a bird! It's a plane! It's.....superman!!! He was very thrilled with this outfit, and says it's three things in one: costume, pajamas, and regular clothes (I think this is a ploy to wear it ALL the time). In actuality, they are pajamas from the sale rack at Target. When he moves around the "S" on his chest lights up. And there's even a detachable cape!



He asked for a Winnie the Pooh cake for the second year in a row. Notice the lovely asymmetrical ears on this year's version!



We love you Little Man!

3 comments:

votemom said...

i'm so glad it all came together ok! he is one cute little man, that is for sure.

i didn't know he was your toughest delivery. that's so weird when that happens with a 4th or 5th baby - cuz mentally i think the mom thinks the baby will just pop out.

i'm thankful God had LittleMan planned for your family too.

Pam said...

votemom: I don't know if it was my age (just shy of 43) or the fact that he was a VBAC and it had been 4.5 years since my birth canal had the birthing experience, but yes, his birth was very difficult. Compounded by the fact that it was my first delivery without an epidural (I got one but it only took effect on my legs). Our #3 child, the last one I had delivered via the birth canal, was also very difficult. But I think it was because he was so big (10# 8 oz with a nearly 15 cm diameter head) and my body sortof went into shock right after he was born. I was horribly bruised on the inside and couldn't walk upright for nearly 3 weeks. So I have wondered if subsequent deliveries would have kept getting harder and a part of me is grateful that I never had to find out! I am so thankful for 5 deliveries that ended well.

Targetshopper: said...

Happy Birthday LittleMan!! I can't believe he is already 4! He is so adorable and so cute with the things that he says.

His costume/pajamas/clothes are very cool and the cake looks great!