Monday, November 10, 2008

Our Week in Review



For this edition of Our Week in Review, I asked each member of the family to share one thing they learned during the week last week, and here is what they said:

Little Man: "I learned about leaves. They change color and fall down in the FALL!"

6 year old C: "I learned that birds can migrate for hundreds of miles."

8 year old L: "I learned how to play continents and islands" (gym class game at co-op).

9 year old G: "I learned that even if birds get blown off course by the wind, they have a homing instinct that helps them get back on course and they can find their way back to their same nest year after year."

11 year old G: "I learned that Madame Curie worked with radioactive material."

Me: "I learned the exact definition of 'filibuster' when researching how the new democratic controlled Senate is not filibuster-proof."

My hubby: "I learned that it takes 8 hours to get a couch."



Daughter G during card making class at co-op, and son C learning about a children's author from Great Britain.



Little Man at co-op preschool (in green sweatshirt), pretending to be a seed.



We found this preying mantis in our yard last week! It was huge! Very, very cool. We thought about freezing it for our insect unit next spring, but decided we needed to let this one live on. To give you an idea how big it was, here it is next to G's foot:



We spent most of Saturday getting a "new" (used) couch from some friends who were getting rid of theirs. It's a nice couch and both ends recline which our children think is AWESOME. We are leaving both couches in our family room until after Christmas, so we have enough seating. Actually, for the first time in over 6 years, we finally have enough seating for each member of our own family without using the floor or laps! I think it makes the family room look a little crowded, but still, we are very very grateful. Thanks Jenny and Orj!

2 comments:

votemom said...

haha - i can totally hear B saying the same thing!! (about the couch)

lahbluebonnet said...

Just don't get rid of the old couch! I have to relive all my old memories through that one! LOL
Blessings,
Laurie