Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Date (a real one this time!)

Hubby and I went to see the movie Fireproof last night. Excellent movie! We both thought it was very well done without coming off as too "preachy". If you are happily married, unhappily married, or planning to be married, you should make an effort to see this movie. Though there was not really any "new" information in it for us, it has caused us to begin evaluating our demonstrations of love to each other, and making sure that they line up with God's definition of "love". Sometimes the busy-ness and demands of life cause us to fall into habits of relating that may not be truly loving. We certainly recognize some of that creeping into our own marriage, so this movie was a great encouragement to us.

And just fyi, if you see it, when the husband and wife finally kiss near the end, that is Kirk Cameron (the actor playing Caleb) kissing his real life wife. He has made a vow to not kiss another woman in any acting role, so when the scene called for that kiss, his real life wife came on the set, dressed up as the female lead, and kissed her real life husband. Cool, huh?

3 comments:

Beth in Texas said...

A man, who I'm not real close to and who doesn't strike me as a real big movie goer, stopped me at church on Sunday to tell me that we needed to go see it because it was so good.

Targetshopper: said...

I am so glad that you were able to have a date night!! Fun. I will probably have to rent it but it is so nice to hear how many people it has encouraged.

lahbluebonnet said...

I'll probably get this for dh for Christmas. I've gotten him the other 2 for gifts and they are winners with him.
Blessings,
Laurie