Saturday, September 27, 2008

First Day of Co-op, 2008!

Here we are, all packed up to go to co-op yesterday!
We have lots of new families at co-op this year, and LOTS of high school classes being taught for credit. It has a different feel, and yet is wonderfully familiar at the same time. We had a super day!
~
Little Man is in the preschool program all morning (3 hours).
~
Son C has a five in a row class (based on the Five In A Row homeschool curriculum, so named because you spend five days in a row reading a good children's book and doing activities based on that book), Zoology 1 for 5-young 8 year olds (taught by me), and a class on native americans.
~
Son L is taking a class called "Surviving the Medieval World", Zoology 1 (with his brother C), and a gym class.
~
Son G is also in the Medieval World class with his brother L, plus a class on native americans for upper elementary students, and Zoology 1 for older 8-12 year olds (taught by me).
~
Daughter G has a card making class, a teach with movies class, and Zoology 1 with her brother G. Her teach with movies class will be watching two movies this session and then discussing them in class. I'll tell more about that class in another post.
~
It was so fun to see old friends and make new ones, and to begin interesting and fun new classes. I am going to love my Zoology classes! We are using the same book for both age groups, but what we do in class will be vastly different depending on age. It was a great first day!

2 comments:

CAB said...

Fun! I was so worn out just getting my bunch ready to go that early and out the door that I didn't think to try and take a picture, not to mention...where is my tripod!?

Anyway! Come by my blog - you'll be so proud of me :)

thanks again!

CAB
http://oldspillhouse.blogspot.com

lahbluebonnet said...

Wonderful! I bet that science series you are using is a lot of fun! My son never did much of a formal science prep. He is the type who can teach himself so I just let him loose with projects and books, especially anything on topic with what we were doing with TOG (Archimedes, Da Vinci, CW animals...which he did use the info at CW! lol) But I know exactly what you mean about wanting to be sure the kids are prepared. I wasn't sure about letting him loose but after reading some Classical education stuff and praying about it I went for it. It's worked out well and although he works slowly through experiments and lab reports and study guides, he made an 85 on the first test and a 100 on the second. Wow! My dd struggled more than that. He's been so jealous of her getting to do all the cool experiments and now he gets to do them! Your pictures are really cute!
Blessings,
Laurie