Wednesday, August 6, 2008

John Adams

I finished John Adams last night. 651 pages. I feel a tremendous sense of accomplishment, and also a deep sadness that it is over. I have enjoyed this book SO much. I cried when Abigail died, even though I knew it was coming and she's been dead for nearly 200 years. I cried again at the end when John died. On the same day, 4th of July, as Thomas Jefferson. After their deaths, there was only one signer of the Declaration of Independence still alive. Truly the end of an era. And what an era it was! John Adams was an incredible, fascinating, and amazing man. I am quite sure I will see him in heaven, and I am so glad!! I will share more about this book later when I have more time, just had to report that I finished it.

1 comment:

votemom said...

congrats. i love that feeling of accomplishment.

and i love all your camping pictures! what fantastic memories.