Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Pool Time!

After months of debate and me dragging my feet, we decided to put up our pool even though we did not put a fence around our yard. I have been very nervous about the neighbor children perhaps using our pool when we were not at home (a very likely scenario) but we found a "debris" cover we can put on it whenever we aren't swimming. It's not a hard cover, but it will completely cover the pool and tie underneath the rim, and will serve as a visual boundary. So, I will be outside or in the pool myself whenever the children are swimming, and the cover will go on as soon as we get out.

The children were, of course, very excited for the filling to begin!! When there are only a couple inches of water in the pool it functions as a wonderful slip and slide. And when there are a few more inches and everyone runs in the same direction, it makes a wonderful whirlpool! (note to my mom and dad: G is not really that much shorter than L, he is not standing up completely straight. But it's true that L has caught up with daughter G!)



New sand toy.


Splashing Fun!!

3 comments:

Targetshopper: said...

Looks like a lot of fun! With this heat, how could you say no to a pool?

lahbluebonnet said...

What fun...well I guess if you're not inundated with the neighborhood. Turns out we can't use our lovely neighborhood pool. =( The electrician was there all last week, it still isn't open and there's not enough water in the pool. It is frustrating considering I am paying HOA dues and summer is almost over. I guess we'll go to SeaWorld when we can. But like you, I have fear of my kids in the water. And that is the wave pool. There are crowds. They did very well last time. But no relaxing and reading. Boo hoo! You might have the right idea with a backyard pool!
Blessings,
Laurie

lazy susie said...

This looks like SO much fun!

Good solution.