Sunday, June 8, 2008

Soccer and Swingset!

Our son G's spring soccer season is nearly over. We have enjoyed (truly!) going to his games each Saturday and watching how the players have begun to work together as a team. G LOVES soccer, and it's fun to watch him doing something he truly loves to do. His team has done well this season, 6 wins, 2 ties, 1 loss, and one game left to play.

My hubby COMPLETELY finished the new swing set this weekend! Yippee! He put on the little cafe shelf with its two stools, and a canopy over the "porch" of the upper fort. He is so relieved to have this big project finished, and all the children in the neighborhood have already been enjoying it with us!


Meanwhile, my big project this weekend was to finish weeding out the vegetable garden and actually plant seeds in it. I am happy to report that after hours of hard labor, one side of our 14x14 garden is completely weeded and planted, and the other half is about 1/3 done. My body took all of today to recover. :-) My goal is to get the other half done this week and then I'll post pictures! Now we begin anxiously waiting for the little seedlings to shoot up!

4 comments:

votemom said...

boy you guys had a HOT & STEAMY weekend to do those outdoor projects!

the playset looks great. i love the dark green accessories.

Pam said...

votemom: Yes, I think that's why it took my body all day Sunday to recover! I did come in every hour and drink a glass of water or lemonade, but it was still draining to work so hard in the heat. It needed to be done though, and looking at that half of the garden gives me great satisfaction. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, my body is recovering right now from the gardening I did this morning. I bought more plants last weekend and it takes a toll. I thought I was bizarre to be sore from this, so I'm glad to know of a kindred spirit! ;)
Blessings,
Laurie

BlessingintheBattle said...

I love the playset! We will have to come check it out in person, soon! Maddie likes to be a playground "inspector!"

I would love to plant a garden...we may next year. I may be looking for tips!