Saturday, May 10, 2008

Guess what we found in our yard today??

Can you see it in this picture???





No? Well, this picture may help.....




Yes, 8 teeny tiny brand new just born baby bunnies! We are in a quandry. We had planned to be working out in the yard all day today, but if we are out the mother won't come back. We don't know anything about baby bunnies, so we are not sure how long they can/will survive without their mother. Anyone know??


For now, our cat is locked up in our bedroom, and the children have been told to play in the front yard only. They are soooo tiny and really cute! I'm pretty sure that either the neighbor children (who have seen them and been warned to stay away) or an animal will get these little babies before long, but I'm still hoping that assessment is wrong!

3 comments:

votemom said...

oh my gosh they look so tiny and vulnerable. i'm thinking how cold it is tonight and wondering if their mama returned.

Anonymous said...

awe. I hope that the neighbor kids stay away!!

Lona said...

Wow! I've never seen wild baby bunnies before--what a great learning experience for your children. I hope it turns out well.