Friday, May 9, 2008

Gardening

We had such a lovely laid back day today! School work was light, the children played outside all afternoon, and we were able to start weeding out our garden plot. Now that both co-op and MOPS are finished for the year, my next short term goal is getting our vegetable garden planted. In the 3 or so weeks since our last snow, the weeds have managed to grow in solid like grass, so getting the ground ready will take lots of work. I bought each of the children their own sturdy plastic trowel today (.98 cents at Lowe's!) and they were really getting into the weed pulling! It was really fun to work together in the dirt. Once the soil is prepped, each of the children will get their own square to plant whatever they wish.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful! We have more work to do on our gardens too. I have injured my arm in March by gardening and it reinjures everytime I get out there. Your dc are doing good work!
Blessings,
Laurie

Anonymous said...

Looks like they are having fun! I will be anxious to hear what each one plants and to see pictures as things grow.