Tuesday, May 6, 2008

11th Reason I love my husband today

He bought me my very own copy of John Adams by David McCullough!!!! Thank you honey!!!! AND, he surprised me with it. This is hard to do. I went to my nightstand to grab the book and read a few pages while I brushed my teeth last night (is that too much information? it's a habit of mine to read while brushing) and lo and behold it was not the library copy but a brand new copy of my very own!

I have been loving this book from the library, but I've not had time to read much at each sitting, and it's not a book to race through. So my 3 weeks from the library are already up (plus a few days) and I'm not even halfway done. I have been stopping every few pages (or sometimes every few paragraphs!) to read snippets outloud to my hubby. It has captivated my attention and is a simply fascinating read. Now I won't have to choose between a hefty overdue fine or an unfinished read. I AM SO HAPPY.

I told you guys he was the best.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really really sweet. I love the way that he surprised you by switching the books. Very thoughtful and creative!

Anonymous said...

How cool!
Blessings,
Laurie

Susanne Barrett said...

I *always* read while I brush. I usually read part of a Touchstone or Victoria article, my two favorite magazines. :)