Sunday, April 20, 2008

Last Week I....

Mailed in our state income tax forms with a $600 check. Our poor beleagured state needs the money but I wish I had more confidence that our tax dollars would be well spent.

Went to our son's first soccer game of the season. G played hard, we are proud of him!

Waited impatiently for our federal income tax refund to arrive so I can spend the money. :-)

Made a book list for next school year.

Did dishes, laundry, sweeping, folding of throw blankets and replacing of couch pillows many times over.

Had to hand down a no-bike-riding-for-a-week consequence to one of our children who rode around the block without permission.

Listened to several very cute conversations. Here's one:

My husband: Who knows what a butterfly drinks?

5 year old C: He drinks honey.

3 year old A: No, he drinks nectar! (he learned that in co-op 2 days ago and remembered!!)

Struggled through a few days of school not feeling well.

Re-did the menus for the week based on what I actually had on hand so I wouldn't have to spend any money on groceries.

Did some prep work for our MOPS end of the year banquet.

Planted tulip bulbs that lived in my freezer all winter and hoped that they'd grow!

Made a meal for another family.

Went to a farewell party for our "illegal" friends who will be now be deported very soon.

Felt convicted about my selfishness (in a couple areas in particular).

Cried a few tears. Prayed a lot. Thanked God for all His many blessings.

No comments: